Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just my modest "review" of Necropolis 2350 & 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Lance

No Cards!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Just my modest "review" of Necropolis 2350 & 2 Reply with quote

Just a quick post, where I want to thanks Wiggy and TAG for Necropolis 2350 & 2351-55 books. I have no time for a complete review (and very low Write [english] skill), however:

Overall cool books, nicely useful even in other Sci-Fi settings: actually, I'm using them to manage a sort of "Starship Troopers" homemade campaign, with characters versus a more "standard", non-undead, alien race on the Mars surface (and on the Earth too). Plus conspiracy, bad politics, heartless megacorporations, weird interbreed projects and all the nasty things you could imagine for this type of campaigns.
The Necropolis setting is obviously nice if you love combats, future soldiers that have to fight with rifles, swords and bare fists (!) versus undead hordes came to delete the last fistful of humans.

The art is well done, but the best pieces - as the full page "class" pictures - are quite too speedpainted (I can think about limited budget for this area). The layout is simple and clear, with very few errors needing erratas, but there are "spacing" problems with the paragraph titles, both in 2350 and in 2351-55: the titles are really near to precedent paragraphs, and quite spaced from "their" correct paragraph (This is quite annoying Confused )
The price of the hardbook 2350 corebook is really ok, full colored pages, while the paperback 2351-55 Update is a bit expensive, and b/n inside, but it's full of useful material.
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Just my modest "review" of Necropolis 2350 &am Reply with quote

Lord Lance wrote:
The art is well done, but the best pieces - as the full page "class" pictures - are quite too speedpainted (I can think about limited budget for this area). The layout is simple and clear, with very few errors needing erratas, but there are "spacing" problems with the paragraph titles, both in 2350 and in 2351-55: the titles are really near to precedent paragraphs, and quite spaced from "their" correct paragraph (This is quite annoying Confused )

For the record, the art and layout for the main Necropolis book were done by PEG, not TAG. The header spacings are quite standard as far as I can tell.

Lord Lance

No Cards!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be sure that I wasn't misunderstood, I want to give you an example of what I was saying about "problems with the paragraph titles":

Code:

TITLE

Text text, text text text text
text text text text, text text.
text text text text text text
text text text, text text text
text text text text.
               TITLE

text text text text.
              TITLE

text text text text, text text,
text text text text.

Of course, I'd liked more if it was:
Code:

TITLE
text text text text.

TITLE
text text text text.

TITLE
text text text text, text text,
text text text text.

Here just a couple of pages to "verify" the problem:
2351-55, pag. 21: look at "IMPALING" and "SWORDPLAY" titles, they are very near to previous chapter, and very distant from "their" successive chapter.
2351-55, pag. 68, 69: every "BRIEFING" and "THE MISSION" titles.
And so on.

When I look at other TAG products, I can see you "like" to take almost equal space from titles and previous and successive chapters, but that Necropolis issue is much rarer: I can't find it in "DToSL", but if you look at "DToC" number 4 (I have this near here just now), look at page 10 "REPLENISHING POINTS", or page 11 "THE ARMORY" "THE BANQUET HALL" and all other titles of the same "style": even these titles have that issue: they have too much spacing under, and much less over.
Maybe it's just a "style" you are using, that have too many "pts." in the wrong side UP in place then DOWN.

I hope this clarify my precedent post (and I hope this can be useful for you).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: