Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

World fluff: Combat styles

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlasherEpoch

Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:37 am    Post subject: World fluff: Combat styles Reply with quote

I was writing an adventure in my head and considered that different branches of infantry might be trained to use their swords differently. Mechanically, there's no effect, but I think it rounds out the world and may provide Knights with combat instruction experience a little insight into some matters.

This came about because I envisioned a Knight murdered in a style that indicated proficiency in certain techniques, and then I thought about Knights observing that a vampire wielded his sword in a certain way to round out an encounter.

I've also listed some suggested Edges which may complement the style.

Assault and Infantry Knights train extensively in one-handed sword techniques while running in armor, so their style tends to focus on large, powerful arcing slashes. They receive some training in a two-handed style with an emphasis on defending against a stronger, quicker opponent.
Suggested Edges: Fleet Footed, Sweep

Combat Medics, Artillerists, and Vehicle Knights train in the same one-handed style which is focused on defending an objective, be it a wounded comrade, a vehicle, or artillery piece. This style emphasizes speed and maneuverability, with a lot of stabs to force an opponent into an unfavorable position.
Suggested Edges: Block, Dig In

Scouts and Combat Engineers both train in "dirty fighting," protecting themselves until they can slash at tendons, weapon hands, and other spots to cut an opponent down quietly and quickly.
Suggested Edges: Acrobat, Dirty Fighting (from 50 Fathoms)

Senior Knights are trained in a unique style that uses both the flechette submachine gun and the molecular sword in tandem. All Knights receive some training with their off-hand, in case their primary arm is wounded, but only Senior Knights receive intense training in this arena.
Suggested Edges: Ambidextrous, Two-Fisted

Chaplains rarely sign up for advanced personal combat training, but most Chaplain training consists of unarmed throws, locks, and disarming techniques. Chaplains in these courses are usually assigned to work in urban areas where their skills might be employed relatively peacefully against the troubled masses.
Suggested Edge: Level Headed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: