Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You, too, CAN run Wonderland No More

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Wonderland No More
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greentongue

Deuce

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: You, too, CAN run Wonderland No More Reply with quote

At Original D&D Discussion there are a couple of discussions that I think would be a wonderful format for Wonderland.
You, too, CAN run Empire of the Petal Throne
http://odd74.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ept&action=display&thread=6117

I think a lot of people don't know HOW to run a Wonderland game. I'm not sure myself how to hook players in and get them over the "it's just silly" stigma.

If an experienced GM could help the rest of us ...
=

*** and
You, too, CAN run Metamorphosis Alpha
http://odd74.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=metaalpha&action=display&thread=6195

Last edited by Greentongue on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Enno

King of Clubs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ever played Andy Hopps Low Life, Wonderland seems to be dead serious!
Razz

I'm overexaggerating...

Deuce

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking not so much about "Seriousness" as I was the fine line between Madness and Silly.
Modern sensibilities are quite different from the time the books were written.

How do you infuse the game with "madness" while still attracting players?
=
Greentongue

Deuce

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see posted all the time how people say they are sick of the same old Elves / Dwarves / "Hobbits" fantasy, and most everyone has a passing knowledge of Wonderland.
Why is it not a top contender for "Alternate Fantasy"? Is it too "Furry"? Is it too "Childish"? Can it be blamed on Disney?
How closely do the books need to be followed? Is this a "roadblock"?

Does there need to be more emphasis on the struggle of Red -vs- White (a WWII analog)? What is the missing "spark" and can it be revealed to the uncaring masses in a way to get their attention?
=
kreider204

Deuce

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greentongue wrote:
I see posted all the time how people say they are sick of the same old Elves / Dwarves / "Hobbits" fantasy, and most everyone has a passing knowledge of Wonderland.
Why is it not a top contender for "Alternate Fantasy"? Is it too "Furry"? Is it too "Childish"? Can it be blamed on Disney?

That would be my first guess. Honestly, I'm not sure how many people have actually read the Wonderland stories, so they probably think of the Disney versions first.
Greentongue

Deuce

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kreider204 wrote:
That would be my first guess. Honestly, I'm not sure how many people have actually read the Wonderland stories, so they probably think of the Disney versions first.

While there is nothing "wrong" with a Disney version, it is not the limit of possibilities.
Even more reason a clear description of How To make it Something To Play would be useful.
=
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Wonderland No More All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: