Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wonderland No More @ Necronomicon 2011 - St Petersburg, FL

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Wonderland No More
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan Peacock

Artist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Wonderland No More @ Necronomicon 2011 - St Petersburg, FL Reply with quote

Necronomicon 2011, a gaming/sci-fi/fantasy/horror convention, is being held on the weekend of October 21st-23rd at the Bayfront Hilton in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida (in the Tampa Bay area).

I will be running 20 hours of Savage Worlds gaming over the course of the weekend, and half of that will be for Wonderland No More!

(Link to current game schedule)

Saturday, October 22nd - 6 pm - Wonderland No More: Mary Mary Quite Contrary
"Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?" In this twisted version of Wonderland, the answer isn't very pretty, as the heroes learn. They'll have to fight and scheme their way out of this corrupted garden, lest they end up pushing up daisies!

Sunday, October 23rd - 10 am - Wonderland No More: Hats Off!
Childhood friends are reunited as adults by curious events in Victorian London circa 1888. The most recent would involve a series of violent beheadings in the vicinity of an abandoned hatter's shop. Can they stop the madness before it spreads?
Jordan Peacock

Artist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an addendum, it has been brought to my attention that some Necronomicon fans put together an advertisement on YouTube for the convention ... and it has a bit of a Wonderland theme to it.

Here it is!

(Disclaimer: I had nothing to do with the making of this video, and so far as I know, the makers did not have "Wonderland No More" in mind when making this. But, hey, I still approve of the theme. Very Happy )
Jordan Peacock

Artist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to report that the Wonderland No More adventures at Necronomicon 2011 went rather well, and I had a great group of players!

The "Mary Mary Quite Contrary" adventure took place in a magical hedge maze full of animated Plants and Weeds, dominated by a pair of twisted Gardener Tweedle: Mary and Mary. The Cheshire Kit proved an able prankster, Miss Lucky Rabbit was very active in moving the group along, the Black Knight was an able combatant, the Tailor was an expert sharpshooter (and able medic), and Miss Felicia Moon (a Rose) proved surprisingly adept as a scout and surreptitious supporter in melee.

I made a last-minute change to my schedule, as I remembered that I had already run my "Hats Off" adventure last year, so I introduced a new adventure featuring the supposedly abandoned home of a mad Toymaker, still haunted by his magical clockwork creations. This time around, we had the same cast of PCs, with the addition of Gunflower Stan. (I had a few alternate PCs to choose from, including Alicia Small, Jack o' Kent, and the Maniac Haberdasher, but those didn't get used this time around.)

The results were rather explosive at times, but turned out for the best in the end. Our heroes were victorious, overcoming all challenges ... at times in fairly creative ways! (In our second game, the Cheshire Kit made the best use of the "Lobster Quadrille" Adventure Card ever! I'll have to do a proper write-up of the whole thing sometime.)

I had a great time at the convention, and met some great people - some familiar faces, but also quite a few new ones. I scribbled down the Triple Ace Games web site address for those who were interested, and I hope they'll check it out sometime. (I really ought to have some sort of a card or flyer to hand out for future games.)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Wonderland No More All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: