Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a bundle of small questions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Wonderland No More
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cheshire Cat

No Cards!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: a bundle of small questions Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I'm new to this board but not that new to Savage Worlds. Smile My two favourite settings are Sundered Skies and Wonderland No More. And I've got some questions on the latter.

First, on page 93 of the setting guide the encounter table for the "Hills of Gloom" ends with an entry for 12-14. Shouldn't there be another row below for 15-17 or did I misunderstand that?

Second, the crossbow on page 26 lacks notes on AP. Does this weapon lack AP in Wonderland?

Third, I noticed a kind of machine gun in Wonderland style on the 6th WNM banner on TAG's website. Are there any stats for that or is this a kind of fun pic?

And finally, are there any plans to puplish more on that great setting? Smile

Thank you very much in advance!
TAG Kevin

Triple Ace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly welcome to the forums and I'm glad you are enjoying Wonderland No More (WNM).

Now to your questions.

Page 93 - there should either be an entry for 15-17 (which may have been overprinted) or the table has been mis-numbered. We'll check in the source files and get back to you on this one.

Crossbows are not supposed to have AP in WNM. Very early on in the writing I made the decision that I didn't want the crossbow to be better than most firearms (only rifles have AP 2).

The "machine gun" in the banner is a Wonderland Gatling Gun which is in the setting guide on page 84.

Currently we are working on revising The Egg of 7 Parts so it is in line with the changes that occurred in the WNM setting book after it was published. The layout will reflect that of the setting book, there will be a few more maps and some other changes. We are hoping the revised version will be available for those who have already purchased it to download for free.

After Egg of 7 Parts we will be looking at a stand alone scenario (which can be run as part of the WNM campaign). We will then make a decision (with the powers that be at TAG) as to what we publish in the future.
Jordan Peacock

Artist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hills of Gloom, p. 93:
I apologize, as this was an error on my part in the layout. I had been tasked with reorganizing the tables alphabetically, and didn't get the Hills of Gloom table reordered properly, from the looks of it.

As an unofficial recommendation, for 15-17 on the Hills of Gloom, I suggest an encounter with Wolves (as per the Mountains of Division).

Or, they could be homicidal large rabbits that just happen to have the same statistics as wolves. That might actually be more entertaining.

Other WNM Products:
In addition to the items mentioned by the writer above, I also hope that we'll have a few more free downloads. First, though, we're "refurbishing" some of the existing items, to make sure everything is compatible with the Wonderland No More setting guide.

P.S.: That is a VERY nice choice for an icon! Wink
TAG Kevin

Triple Ace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Peacock wrote:
Hills of Gloom, p. 93:
I apologize, as this was an error on my part in the layout.

The whole WNM team missed this one so it was not an error on his part!

Jordan Peacock wrote:

As an unofficial recommendation, for 15-17 on the Hills of Gloom, I suggest an encounter with Wolves (as per the Mountains of Division).

Jordan is one of the three authors/designers/whatevers involved in WNM, as such anything he recommends can be taken as official. Razz
Cheshire Cat

No Cards!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAG Kevin wrote:
Firstly welcome to the forums and I'm glad you are enjoying Wonderland No More (WNM).

Thank you! I appreciate to communicate with the authors directly a lot! Smile

TAG Kevin wrote:

Page 93 - there should either be an entry for 15-17 (which may have been overprinted) or the table has been mis-numbered. We'll check in the source files and get back to you on this one.

Jordan Peacock wrote:
Hills of Gloom, p. 93:
I apologize, as this was an error on my part in the layout. I had been tasked with reorganizing the tables alphabetically, and didn't get the Hills of Gloom table reordered properly, from the looks of it.

Or, they could be homicidal large rabbits that just happen to have the same statistics as wolves. That might actually be more entertaining.

Jordan Peacock wrote:
Hills of Gloom, p. 93:
I apologize, as this was an error on my part in the layout.

Thank you both very much for your quick answers! There's really no need to apologize. I really like this setting and deem that setting book very felicitous! Some minor errors are likely to occur in every work.

Will there be an updated pdf edition for those, who already purchased it?

TAG Kevin wrote:

Crossbows are not supposed to have AP in WNM. Very early on in the writing I made the decision that I didn't want the crossbow to be better than most firearms (only rifles have AP 2).

Ah, I see! I already assumed this but wanted to play it safe.

TAG Kevin wrote:

The "machine gun" in the banner is a Wonderland Gatling Gun which is in the setting guide on page 84.

Thanks! I totally missed to look in that section! I only scoured the chapter on gear.

Jordan Peacock wrote:

P.S.: That is a VERY nice choice for an icon! Wink

Thank you! It's my favourite character from the novels (and all movie adaptions). Very Happy

P.S.: It's really good to hear that there are more things to come for us WNM-fans! Smile
kreider204

Deuce

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheshire Cat wrote:

Bump?
kreider204

Deuce

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kreider204 wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:

Bump?

Humpty Bumpty? Smile
TAG Kevin

Triple Ace

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment there are no plans to update the PDF.

I will speak with the "powers that be" at TAG to see if this can be addressed in the future.

Meanwhile I will start a new thread with "Errata" to list the issues and points raised in this thread and any others that come to light.
kreider204

Deuce

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. As long as there aren't too many errata (and it doesn't look as though there are), I don't mind a simple errata list - it's only when they really start to pile up that I start hankerin' for a fresh PDF.

Thanks again!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Wonderland No More All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: