Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playtesting Sesssion: Golems, Puke-Copters and Personalities

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vexx666

Deuce

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Playtesting Sesssion: Golems, Puke-Copters and Personalities Reply with quote

I'm running play-testing sessions with some of my Cast members. This is an unofficial way for me to get familiar with rules, players, characters and story-telling in the Necro genre. These are a few scenarios and minor notes I made hoping they might help anyone else out and give some ideas.

So far a lot of success:

Game 1: HOLD OFF: a simple hold off the Raphaim long enough for reinforcements to arrive. Tested out shooting rules; melee combat; team-work and the chaplains healing powers etc. I have touched on using drop pods and a Bone Golem. It was a lot of fun (until the drop ship landed on the Golem and well ... a lot of letters to bereaved families were written that day.)

NOTES: (Result: check up on collision rules and have the Senior Knight make smarts rolls a little bit more.)

Game 2: PUKE-COPTER: Play testing vehicle rules and vehicle combat rules. Member of the lance where chosen to partake in simulators tests for a new type of short range scrub-fighter. Players loved this as they could be reckless for once without fear of serious repercussions; the fighter had a pilot and tail gunner. The did everything from canyon racing to dealing with 'sky sharks' (Large Winged Reptilian Predators native to Salus) and even a PVP match against some Templar's in another simulator. A few failed vigor roles resulted in the gunner losing his lunch in mid battle. After finishing battered, bruised and losing to the Templars.

AFTER: It happened that the GrandMaster for the Templars was supervising the simulations and though them Templars won they did so in a way that was crass, douchey and obnoxious. They were reprimanded and punished while the players tried to escape notice of the Grand Master and get away. Fortunately they didn't. He spared them a few complimentary words and then left. The players were holding there breath during their encounter with him.

NOTES: (Surprised players liked this as much; vehicle rules are solid; they like reciveing Kudo's from high ranking NPC. Also, both players in this mini-game developed team-work really well.)

3) NECRO TECH: (playtested having the lance use sergeants; personality rules for sergeants; additional combat rules; social conflict; necro tech rules. The knights had to deal with 6 sergeants (2X Mysterious; 1X Observant; 1X Lazy; 1X Cruel; 1X Agile). The knights were sent on a mission to determine how the Raphaim were getting reinforcements so far away from any border without air or land support.

Notes: (Always give sergeants personalities it worked great! Also give them physical descriptions as they are more memorable. Both players mourned the loss of one of the sergeants who died during an ambush. Intrigue games work well with combat; players like combat with a 'point' that isn't only 'kill everything.' By observing the Raphaim's create more they were able to gain insight with one moderate casualties. When using frightening or graphic descriptions use them sparingly so players don't acclimatize.)

Overall, a lot of fun. Rules are working out great and the different Cast members who are helping me are want me to start the campaign several months earlier.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: