Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Necropolis Startup Questions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TeknoMerk

Deuce

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Necropolis Startup Questions Reply with quote

After reading through the material, I have several questions on hero generation.

1. So how does a player start with a Sr. Knight?

If the hero starts as a Knight Infantry branch and Sr Knight requirements, there are not enough points to get the attributes and skills at the minimum levels -- unless they taking a major and two minor hindrances. This leaves the knight with mediocre attributes, a very narrow skill set and several hindrances. Did I miss something or was this intentional?

2. How is it possible to start a hero in the Knight Assault branch with the attribute and skill requirements?

It seems the hero is forced to take several hindrances to do so. Either the hero has no extra skills other than the minimum or a few more than minimum if Agility is also modified to a d8.

3. How does Knowledge(Battle) affect a Showdown or SW mass battle that is played out (versus abstracted from the old SW rules)? Does it affect initiative, morale, etc?

Thanks
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Necropolis Startup Questions Reply with quote

TeknoMerk wrote:
After reading through the material, I have several questions on hero generation.

1. So how does a player start with a Sr. Knight?

If the hero starts as a Knight Infantry branch and Sr Knight requirements, there are not enough points to get the attributes and skills at the minimum levels -- unless they taking a major and two minor hindrances. This leaves the knight with mediocre attributes, a very narrow skill set and several hindrances. Did I miss something or was this intentional?

A Senior Knight doesn't need to meet the Knight Infantry requirements. All he need do is take the Rank (Senior Knight) Edge. That's a total of two Edges, one attribute point, and 8 skill points (most of which are core skills anyway) allocated.

Quote:

2. How is it possible to start a hero in the Knight Assault branch with the attribute and skill requirements?

It seems the hero is forced to take several hindrances to do so. Either the hero has no extra skills other than the minimum or a few more than minimum if Agility is also modified to a d8.

Assault Knights are an elite branch. If you want to start as one, rather than transfer over later in your career, then there's a price to pay.

Quote:
3. How does Knowledge(Battle) affect a Showdown or SW mass battle that is played out (versus abstracted from the old SW rules)? Does it affect initiative, morale, etc?

This is more a general rules question rather a Necropolis one, but I'll have a go at answering it. Normally Battle doesn't do a lot on the tabletop.

However, Necropolis 2350 has the Tactician Edge, which relies on the skill. A player may also be tactically unskilled, but his hero might be a genius. The GM can always allow a Battle roll for the character to work out his flaws in his plan or decide the best avenue of approach.

TeknoMerk

Deuce

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing up my confusion, Wiggy. I just needed a bit of perspective to get past the mind block.
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: