Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SMG v. Pistol at short range
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dpmcalister

Four

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naughty man with both fingers on the trigger - I hope the safety's were on Wink

Artist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging by the (what seems to be) 2 ejected cartriges in the shot I dont think the safety was on the M16
daran

Five

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAG Steve wrote:
Judging by the (what seems to be) 2 ejected cartriges in the shot I dont think the safety was on the M16

Supposition - the markings could be scuffs on the wall and siding. Although I agree that it is the most likely answer. Blowing the image up to extra extra big shows the selector to be in an indeterminate position as the image quality isn't that good. The switch is horizontal but I can't tell if the selecter pointer is pointing left or right or the position of the thumbable part. It is either safe or on burst - not a lot of help I know.

Edit: on revisiting the image, if I had to go with an answer I'd say it was on burst.
TAG Steve

Artist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did wonder about them being scuff marks too, he is however pulling a bit of a face, the kind you would expect if he had just loosed a burst and the ejector port ricochets some lumps of hot metal off a nearby wall and into the general direction of your face. Embarassed
daran

Five

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAG Steve wrote:
I did wonder about them being scuff marks too, he is however pulling a bit of a face, the kind you would expect if he had just loosed a burst and the ejector port ricochets some lumps of hot metal off a nearby wall and into the general direction of your face. Embarassed

Could be constipation - you know what MRE is like!
dpmcalister

Four

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having been hit in the face by flying lead I can safely say it's not nice (and before you ask, no, it wasn't ejected from my rifle - the stupid **** in the next lane was the culprit!)

Five

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpmcalister wrote:
Having been hit in the face by flying lead I can safely say it's not nice (and before you ask, no, it wasn't ejected from my rifle - the stupid **** in the next lane was the culprit!)

Lead? He shot you? I've been burned by flying brass cartridge cases, and anyone who's fired an M92 left handed will have experienced the way the 'wide ejection port for less jams' tosses it right into your right breast pocket.

Did a dumb thing with a Lee Enfield, shooting in shirt sleeves in 32+ degrees, fired, racked the bolt, put my elbow down right on the 303 cartridge case, and then called into question Mr Enfield's parentage. Cut and cauterised in one move!
dpmcalister

Four

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daran wrote:
dpmcalister wrote:

Lead? He shot you? I've been burned by flying brass cartridge cases, and anyone who's fired an M92 left handed will have experienced the way the 'wide ejection port for less jams' tosses it right into your right breast pocket.

Did a dumb thing with a Lee Enfield, shooting in shirt sleeves in 32+ degrees, fired, racked the bolt, put my elbow down right on the 303 cartridge case, and then called into question Mr Enfield's parentage. Cut and cauterised in one move!

I might have exagerated the closeness of the lead, but at the time it felt like it was in my face Wink

Deuce

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah had that happen to me two the bass cassing in this case landed in the front of my shirt

Black ICE a game of military horror
http://incursioncountermeasureenforcers.blogspot.com/
dpmcalister

Four

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This wasn't the brass casing, it was an ND (negligent discharge)! The idiot in the next lane thought his rifle had jammed so was attempting to unjam it - but he forgot to put the safety on and fired a round across the front of my lane. I didn't see it, but I sure felt it fly in front of my face and embed itself in the concrete post to my left!

The only good thing that came out if it all was that the Regiment instructors decided I'd had enough excitement for the day and stood me down for the afternoon (which mean I didn't have to practice my NBC drills in the gas chamber Very Happy)

Five

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpmcalister wrote:
This wasn't the brass casing, it was an ND (negligent discharge)! The idiot in the next lane thought his rifle had jammed so was attempting to unjam it - but he forgot to put the safety on and fired a round across the front of my lane. I didn't see it, but I sure felt it fly in front of my face and embed itself in the concrete post to my left!

The only good thing that came out if it all was that the Regiment instructors decided I'd had enough excitement for the day and stood me down for the afternoon (which mean I didn't have to practice my NBC drills in the gas chamber Very Happy)

Eck lad, that must have been a fun time, although I suspect the individual in question had a lovely time in the gas chamber. Always used to be an opportunity for a form of punishment! Okay now lads, respirators off, take a deep breath and now out you go! Stand fast that man!
Hellfire6A

Three

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CS is a breeze! Take it from a NBC soldier! It's when they send you into a room full of nerve agent to show you how good your gear is that really makes your blood pump! I'd rather be coughing and spluttering any day.

I've done that twice Smile

Yes, I have had the hot brass go down my shirt a number of times. I was cadre for Basic training...so it was something of an occupational hazzard. Plus we would have live fire over our heads for the Night Infiltration Course. There was actually a Drill Sergeant killed on the lane a couple of weeks after my first cycle went through. One round in the femoral artery. He had a wife and kids.
Do everything in love. I Cor 16:14

SDG
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: