Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adventure brainstorming

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sadric

Deuce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Adventure brainstorming Reply with quote

Partly because the Necropolis board is so quit the last weeks, partly because I brainstorm a adventure idea.....

I have the following idea for a longer adventure.

Somewhere near the iron belt.
There are some backroads with farms and mines.
The group (+some sergeants) are send out to hunt ghouls that camp in some ruins near the main road. Its a typical low priority order for f....new guys or someone that anger the commander knight.

After a few encounter with ghouls they get informed that a nearby village needs help, looks like they have seen some zombies.

When they are near the village it get attacked by a zombieforce.
The same time a large force try to breack trough the ironbelt.
Is this connected?

After saving the village they hear about a nearby mine. The Workers there are suspicious. The Villager tell rumours about new machines, about fired workers out of the village, about strange talks, maybe even cultist.
and a group of breaktrough undeads walk straight to this mine.

The Knights (maybe with some reinforcement) inspect the mine, its a hidden base (with anti-tank weapons and Anti-Aircraft guns), build by cultist awaiting their undeads masters.
The knights have to fight the cultist (and some undeads) and strike back the spearhead of the undead force.

Then the knights need to hold the base against the undeads main force that try to get into the base. The Knights main force are on the undeads heels. Play this as mass combat, first round the undeads are very strong, after that more and more church reinforcement change the numbers.

Sound this reasonable? Is it conceivable that some cultists could buy heavy weapon from the union and camouflage it without church forces notice it.

Other ideas?
ARCONTE

Three

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiyas!

AFTBRN:
Is this region Church or Corporate controlled? I don't remember...
Maybe the mine is Corporate & they are turning a blind eye/unaware of the whole situation because it's profitable & they want to keep it that way - so they send some mercs to fight for the status quo. If the party succeeds efficiently there's a chance to make some converts, but they have to walk a fine line not to start a major diplomatic row!

Maybe there's an almost functional Darkness Projector in the mine, just needing sacrifices for its activation.

HTH
ARK
SlasherEpoch

Three

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to think of how this works with a three-act structure...

In Act I, paint the conflict and end with a reveal or twist (ghoul hunt turns into repelling an attack on two flanks; the Knights are protecting the weaker flank while fortified Preceptories are in the thick of battle in the Iron Belt).

In Act II, enhance the conflict and raise the stakes (take the fight to the enemy with a daring raid into their HQ).

In Act III, raise the stakes to the breaking point and reach a dramatic climax.

Act III is where, in your story, I think things weaken a little. Some questions to consider:

1. What is revealed in the mine that ups the ante? Is it merely an undead nest? How many of the rumors are true?
2. Should the Knights really get reinforced, or is it more dramatic to arm and equip the local population to help stave off this desperate attack?
3. Is there resistance in the town itself to the Knights presence?
4. Who is the real enemy? If there are cultists, is the real threat the town itself? Did the presence of the Knights tip the scales? In other words, without the heroes being present, what would have happened? Would the town have been overrun and thus established a narrow but highly contested breach in the Iron Belt?
5. How'd the Undead get behind the lines in the first place?

I'm saying your act I and II are strong, but where do you go from a raid on an Undead base that leads to an amazing confrontation?
ARCONTE

Three

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiyas!

Mebbe instead of just plain "undead & cultists" the Mine is some sort of unholy/unethical laboratory complex, depending on who the "hidden villain" is... If you go that route. Shake the Knights a bit.

If it's the Church, then, you can leak a few of the setting's secrets...

If it's Corporate, maybe they're doing nefarious man-animal experiments or nastee cyborg stuff to humans!

Jes' throwin' stuff atcha! Razz

ARK
sadric

Deuce

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eep, totally forget my own thread and stumble upon it today. Sorry.

Yreah, youre right, part III is weak.

What would have happened without player involvement
If the players didnt react/take the mine there would be a breach in the Iron belt, and a ready enemy base behind the iron belt.
I envisioned the iron belt as permeable, alt least for small groups. But a larger group get detected and shot to pieces. Mainly because the undead have no place to hide, to dig in. But this time they would have a place to dig in. It would weakne the belt because forces need to be concentrated at this place.

I like the idea of arming the villagers (with weapons from the cultist base?). But since a major group of undeads that break trough the belt would be detected it would be hard to believe.
Maybe a larger undead force attack the belt so church forces are occupied, but its only a diversionary manoeuvre?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: