Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wonderland Cards

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Wonderland No More
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armos Black

TAG Henchman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Wonderland Cards Reply with quote

While looking for different card sets for Savage Worlds, I came across this one. Thought it might interest someone here.

http://www.amazon.com/Alice-Wonderland-Playing-Cards-Back/dp/0979818222

Just don't know about the game though. I keep going back and forth on if I should pick it up. Anyway...

Deuce

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....
The one negative review said the cards were enormously cheap looking, however, all the other reviews say they're great!
I guess I would go with the majority and chalk it up to he got a bad printing.

Anyway, Thanks! Very Happy

SteveN
Jordan Peacock

Artist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got two copies of this set - the red and the blue. (One I ordered from Amazon, and the same week, one of the players in my group got a set for me.)

It's not a bad card set, though I'm not sure that I quite like the quality of the coloring of the art. Your mileage may vary. After all, the original Tenniel art is heavily hatched, and one can't very well get the right effect by simply "colorizing" it with an overlay. The sample images on the Amazon link are fairly representative of the sort of artwork that appears in the set.

In any case, it does the job as a "themed" set suitable for use with Savage Worlds, and I intend to make use of it the next time I get a chance to pick up with my Wonderland No More themed games. (Right now, I'm in the middle of slogging my way through a zombie apocalypse. We joked about doing a Wonderland-zombie-apocalypse crossover, but I'm not quite sure that would have staying power for a campaign. Wink )
Greentongue

Deuce

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Peacock wrote:
We joked about doing a Wonderland-zombie-apocalypse crossover, but I'm not quite sure that would have staying power for a campaign. Wink )

Would "Brains!" be cooked or eaten raw for magical effect? Wink
=
Armos Black

TAG Henchman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say... "Hey guys, What did we eat last night? I had this messed up dream of Alice in Wonderland and zombies!"

Artist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only I had the time to kill, I should have begged the TAG bunch to let me write up a gag April Fool's zombie scenario for Wonderland No More. Wink

Hmm. I would need to touch on another TAG property, so I could bill it as ... a Necropolis 2350 / Wonderland No More crossover!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Wonderland No More All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: