Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top three adventures
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Off-Topic Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enno

King of Clubs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAG Wiggy wrote:
Kami Kazi, female fighter. Miscarried the monk's baby after being paralyzed by a carrion crawler (we had our female math's teacher as GM). Not sure what happened to her -- she may have retired.

Who retired? The GM or the character? Wink

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enno wrote:
TAG Wiggy wrote:
Kami Kazi, female fighter. Miscarried the monk's baby after being paralyzed by a carrion crawler (we had our female math's teacher as GM). Not sure what happened to her -- she may have retired.

Who retired? The GM or the character? Wink

Actually both. My character retired, and our teacher left to have a baby.

CanuckAlchemist

Three

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beyond the Glittering Veil from Dungeon Magazine. Module by Steve Kurtzin in Dungeon 31. Psionic flavoured module, a glass pyramid city on a planet with no sun. Cool stuff.

There was also a module from Dungeon magazine where the party is trapped in a trading post in the middle of a snowstorm, and a slaadi egg hatches from inside one of the guests. I ran that one and the player in it turned to me and said "It's like Alien, this is creepy." Fun times.

Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh
RevTurkey

Deuce

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My long time gaming group never really used many modules but...

Here's my three:

(thinks hard and frowns a bit)

Round The Bend: an adventure from Imagine magazine in the early 80s. We played a group of adventurers shrunk and sent down a wizard's laboratory drain to recover something. Great fun....the group were: Steelarm (Paladin), Gripper Murdoch (Dwarf Thief), Cormack Macdoo (Barbarian), Darkmoor (Elf thingy), Noman the Nameless (Gnome illusionist) and some big half Ogre chap that had a cool name but it completely escapes me. It must have been a joy to see the look on our young faces for my friends dad (the Dm) when we found a bit of Troll that had regrown in the pipes. Cool.

Lair Of The Vermin Lord: this module was for me my most successful attempt at running a game ever. i'm a slightly naff Dm but needs must sometimes when others are too busy. A great well written adventure that made the job easy. My players had a terrific time...

A1-4 Scourge of the Slave Lords: a player bought me this to run which I did. I ran it into the ground. Never in my history of gaming have I made such a monumental mess of a campaign. We enjoyed seeing how I would make a shambles of the next part each week. I tried my best but nothing went right. I seemed to remember one low/high point where I had a halfling on a pony hiding up a tree...how did that happen? The players didn't follow ANY of the modules expectations. Sometimes they were very clever and solved problems in completely unexpected ways.....that kept derailing the linear nature of the scenario. It was a glorious failure Very Happy

An honorable mention should go to some Call Of Cthulhu module that involved voodoo type things happening (can't remember what it was called). I joined the group as a guest player one week. The game led us down to a basement of a Voodoo shop where in a huge pit was some unspeakable horror...characters were being decapitated for fun. i just went upstairs, grabbed a bunch of tribal spears from the shop and casually brought them back and dropped them into the pit....with a squelch the beast was dead. They told me to bugger off for being a smart-arse. They didn't invite me back to play but it does stick in my head for being a victory for me, childish I know but a happy memory.
FatRat

Deuce

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanuckAlchemist wrote:
There was also a module from Dungeon magazine where the party is trapped in a trading post in the middle of a snowstorm, and a slaadi egg hatches from inside one of the guests. I ran that one and the player in it turned to me and said "It's like Alien, this is creepy." Fun times.

That would probably be Jacob's Well from Dungeon #43. I adapted it for use in my Hellfrost campaign. It was quite a bit of fun.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Off-Topic Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: