Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Genesis of Campaign

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vexx666

Deuce

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: The Genesis of Campaign Reply with quote

What has just started off as play-testing as turned into a prequel for the game. It started with two players helping me with vehicle rules participate in a controlled simulation for a new type of Scrub Fighter. Between shooting targets, simulations against enemy fighter craft and putting the prototype through its paces they went head-to-head with an identical craft piloted by an elite pair of Templars.

My players got blown to pieces.

The game didn't end there. After they left the simulation the Templar Grand Master had stopped by to supervise the progress and was terribly unimpressed with the behavior and attitude of his troops. Ironically, he was more then impressed with the teamwork and quick thinking of the Preacher and Incinerator who had just been defeated.

The direct fallout was that the Grand Master noticed the use of unorthodox tactics, steep learning curves and greater than imagined success scores on over 90 per cent of the simulation.

As a result of this incident, The Grand master proposed the idea of a joint ordos pilot-program to see if there were any other advantages for allowing mutual learning and embracing new techniques.

This one game of provided the impetus for the entire lance and also has wide spread repercussions throughout the entire church military. Our games have gone from being FPS to hard-core Sci-Fi military Drama.

I'll keep people posted on how things progress.
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: The Genesis of Campaign Reply with quote

vexx666 wrote:
My players got blown to pieces.

As it should be. The Templars are good at what they do. Smile

vexx666

Deuce

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: This week on Necropolis 2350 Reply with quote

Thanks Wiggy.

This will give me something to work with. It's been a fantastic campaign so far. I've introduced some foreshadowing of things to come via nightmares and strange dreams.

There are several lance members who might be next in line for promotion. Next Mission: a high ranking Asgard official needs to be extracted before he's executed by the Corporation. His research could be the key in turning the tide of war against the Raphaim but the knights have to get to him before it's too late.

Puppet: Defeating Sebastien in the ring has won him respect and admiration from the rest of the lances. It's only later he makes a horrifying discovery: he is turning into the monster his father made him.

Turtle: Haunted by the death of her former lance mates and mourning the loss of her close friend and confident Templar Tiberius she has begun to question her faith. A strange dream brings a promise of things to come but with it a dire warning.

Fr Archer: a nightmarish revelation has made it clear a strange prescence is on the base and its has designs on the knights in her charge. Her compassion will pushed to its limits as she confronts the reality of what faces the knights next: Sam has returned.

Gabe: The loss of his brothers and uncle begins to weigh heavily. The cold stares and distance grows between the Senior Knight and the rest of the knights. What wil he do when he realizes Asgard has marked him from death and the assasin is someone from his past.
vexx666

Deuce

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to demand next week's game has been moved to this Friday.

The knights were able to infiltrate midguard incognito.

This didn't stop a few close calls: Puppet and Joan saved a young girl's life from an escaping fugitive on a train which almost exposed their cover. After making it to Midguard they acquired the services of a local cab-driver and machine expert who could rival some of the the best templar mechanics and dreams of escaping into the churchlands.

Gabe and Turtle convinced Asgard security they were wealthy investors returning from investigating property holdings in Kobei. Their cunning and shrewd demenaor secured resources and funds to further their mission.

The game ended with the successful contact of an Ordos Operative at a Rave who gave them valuable information and tech to assist with the extraction for the next day. The rave was raided by security and knights with the help of their new cab-driver-alley were able to escape a vehicle pursuit which included a pair of helicopters and personnel carriers.

(It was also the most impressive display of team work I've ever witnessed in the last 10 years as a GM).

The game ended with a clean escape, Asgard having virtually no knowledge of the knights and the acquirement of vaulable data and tech.

Gabe: is works to reclaim his Lance with the help of Joan just as realizes he is about to face his greatest obstacle yet: his own past.

Puppet: still hides a secret which comes at great personal cost and threatens him and the rest of the knights their lives.

Turtle: The stress of her trauma has her questioning Gabes ability to lead. Each night she wakes haunted by distubing dreams about Tiberius and feeling as though she is being watched.

Archer: finds a strange message waiting for her: the verses from a childs nursey ryhme written scrawled across her mirror with the only possible author having died 10 years earlier.

Next game: the extraction of a top Asgard Researcher and a flight back to safety. A terrifying truth is revealed and the impending death of an important knight.
DMDoom

Deuce

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had occasional inspiration to run a Necropolis game, alas the interest hasn't been there in my old group and I've a hard time imagining just how one should go. Any further updates available or did this game tank?

Yeah, that little poem is about a person getting sacrificed to a dragon, surprisingly fitting no?
vexx666

Deuce

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I've been posting on rpg.net. The campaign is wrapping up with 20+ games, some major reveals, the death of one character and another going rogue. We've seen the addition of a new player (twice) and use of aftercare post-games. I'll toss a link up here later.

The thread is woefully behind due to circumstances out of my control.

Best advice I can give: get a cast you like playing with and who like playing with each other. Don't be afraid of training noobs: they make some of best players.
DMDoom

Deuce

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a link I can look at?

Yeah, that little poem is about a person getting sacrificed to a dragon, surprisingly fitting no?
Talahar

Deuce

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in a link as well.
What you posted here sounds really great!
vexx666

Deuce

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ DM Doom and Talahar - I'll be glad to send anyone links who wants them!
vexx666

Deuce

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link to our Necro 2350 Campaign on rpg.net http://bit.ly/Odnptk
vexx666

Deuce

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, we are at over 1600 views Very Happy Squuuuueeeeee! http://bit.ly/MU7rEe
vexx666

Deuce

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are over 1900 views so far. This is also an introduction game to a first RPGer!

When Angel's Rise: Pukecopter (Spire Fighting) next installment is up.

http://bit.ly/OQen0x #savageworlds #rpg
vexx666

Deuce

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Session with several combat encounters. Raz, earns his callsign and the big fight before meeting the boss.

Next installment of When Angel's Rise is up. Amazing what a little combat can do! http://bit.ly/OQen0x
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: