Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ordo Tenebrae Questions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vexx666

Deuce

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Ordo Tenebrae Questions Reply with quote

I'm curious about Ordo Tenebrae. How are they viewed by the greater/lesser Raphaim? Do they restrict themselves to between 4 and 6 lance members and the traditional make-up of their church lance counterparts or are they composed differing numbers?

Reading about the 'torture' some of them endure I started thinking of Reavers from Firefly/Serenity. Is this a close approximation or are they less wild and more intelligent e.g. Dark Paladins following complex orders?

Is it possible for DKs to have necro-tech. Moreso would Greater Raphaim be willing to trust them with it moreso then easier to control zombies and skeletons?

Will there be any additions to this Ordos in the near or far future (they are becoming a fav of mine.)

Cheers,

V.
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordo Tenebrae Questions Reply with quote

vexx666 wrote:
I'm curious about Ordo Tenebrae. How are they viewed by the greater/lesser Raphaim? Do they restrict themselves to between 4 and 6 lance members and the traditional make-up of their church lance counterparts or are they composed differing numbers?

Well, these are really up to you to answer, since it's your campaign. Smile

I envision the greater Rephaim as seeing them as nothing more than expendable troops, same as all lesser minions. Most lesser Rephaim are relatively mindless -- thinking about other troops is pretty much beyond them.

There's no requirement for them to stick to Lances in my eyes. Use as many as necessary to fit the scenario. "X per hero" is a standard notation for all lesser Rephaim.

Quote:
Reading about the 'torture' some of them endure I started thinking of Reavers from Firefly/Serenity. Is this a close approximation or are they less wild and more intelligent e.g. Dark Paladins following complex orders?

They're insane (hence the Insane special ability) warriors, but definitely less wild than Reavers. Reavers would probably have Berserk and/or always attack using Wild Attacks. Definitely not mindless brutes -- look at O.T. Slayers and their strange code of honor.

Quote:
Is it possible for DKs to have necro-tech. Moreso would Greater Raphaim be willing to trust them with it moreso then easier to control zombies and skeletons?

They're NPCs -- they can have whatever you want. Smile DKs may not be mindless servants, but they're loyal to the cause.

Quote:
Will there be any additions to this Ordos in the near or far future (they are becoming a fav of mine.)

Nope. At the end of the day you can take any Knight NPC type and slap on Bloodthirsty and Insane to create new DKs.

vexx666

Deuce

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordo Tenebrae Questions Reply with quote

Quote:

They're insane (hence the Insane special ability) warriors, but definitely less wild than Reavers. Reavers would probably have Berserk and/or always attack using Wild Attacks. Definitely not mindless brutes -- look at O.T. Slayers and their strange code of honor.

True, I wasn't sure if the Slayer was an exception to the rule or something more in line with rest of the Ordos, thanks for the clarification.

Quote:

They're NPCs -- they can have whatever you want. Smile DKs may not be mindless servants, but they're loyal to the cause.

There's something to be said for loyalty. I'm using them as a step up from the Zombies and Skeletons and making them a little more cagey when I need my players to up their game.

Quote:

Nope. At the end of the day you can take any Knight NPC type and slap on Bloodthirsty and Insane to create new DKs.[/quote]

That alone is awesome!
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordo Tenebrae Questions Reply with quote

vexx666 wrote:

There's something to be said for loyalty. I'm using them as a step up from the Zombies and Skeletons and making them a little more cagey when I need my players to up their game.

Yeah, they should use sensible tactics -- insane doesn't mean stupid. Smile Let the zombies shuffle forward in the open to draw fire and drain ammo while the DKs advance under cover.

vexx666

Deuce

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordo Tenebrae Questions Reply with quote

TAG Wiggy wrote:
vexx666 wrote:

Yeah, they should use sensible tactics -- insane doesn't mean stupid. Smile Let the zombies shuffle forward in the open to draw fire and drain ammo while the DKs advance under cover.

Nice! I can use this tactic for Showdown as well. I still maintain the most dangerous weapon an enemy has is 'common sense' or a decent smarts role with some danger sense tossed in there.

On a side note: I got my first card (points to the 2 of Clubs) I've officially got something up my sleeve now! Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: