Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strangest character you ever played

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Off-Topic Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Strangest character you ever played Reply with quote

The recent Hellfrost thread about a magic sword got me remembering I once played a talking magic sword in a friend's birthday game. No stats, no preconceived personality I had to play. It ended up being a rather pervy blade, with mannerisms modelled after Ken & Kenneth from the Fast Show (who vocal mannerisms Rob and I also introduced to our booth henchman at GenCon last year).

"Thrust me deep into him, sir!"
"Stab him, sir! Ooh! Repeatedly and fast, sir!"
"Feel the hot liquid on your hands, sir!"
"Was it hot and sticky, sir?"
"Finished with me, sir? Slide me into the scabbard slowly, sir!"

Like I said, a pervy blade of the first water.

So, what's the strangest character you ever played (pre-gen or self-generated)?

Enno

King of Clubs

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a lot "strange" characters over the years, even if some never were considered strange in their corresponding rules & setting context. If you know Gamma World, Glorantha, Low Life, to name just a few, and fun games like Plush, Power & Plunder, where i played a one-eyed 3 ft Teddy bear berserk addicted to washing powder, you know what i mean.

One of the more stranger characters i played, and then became an iconic pregen for a Necessary Evil con scenario, i ran repeatedly over the years, was the cigar smoking mechanic Mr. Snail. He was based on a drawing from the artist Storn, many of us know from the Pinnacle forum.

Mr. Snail
Race: Human (Alien Form)
Real Identity: Race Cornbeen

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d4, Strength d6 (Telekinesis: d12), Vigor d10

Pace: 6“, Parry: 7, Toughness: 7/9 (Heavy Armor), Charisma: 0

Skills: Fighting d10, Guts d4, Knowledge (Computer) d4, Knowledge (V’sori) d4, Notice d4, Piloting d10, Repair d12+1, Shooting d12+1, Throwing d4

Edges: AB (Super Powers), Luck, Super Karma (+5 PP), Steady Hands, Take The Hit (+2 on Soak rolls)

Hindrances: Alien Form: Giant Snail (Major), Habit: Smoking (Minor), Distinctive Appearance (Minor), Overconfident (Major)

Powers (25 PP at Seasoned Rank): Armor II (2PP, Heavy Armor, Partial Protection, Gadget), Attack/Ranged (2PP, Damage 2d6, Range 12/24/48, Heavy Weapon; Gadget), Broadcast (5PP, 1 mile, Manipulation, Gadget), Flight II (3PP, Speed = 2xPace”, Climb = Pace”, Gadget), Gifted (1PP), Healing (2PP), Super Skill: Repair (1PP, 2 steps), Super Skill: Fighting (1PP, 2 steps), Super Skill: Piloting (1 PP, 2 steps), Super Skill: Shooting (2PP, 4 steps), Telekinesis II (4PP, via Telekinesis only: d12 Strength), Wallwalker (1PP)

Advancements:
5 XP: Power Points (+5 PP)
10 XP: Agility d8
15 XP: Edge: Steady Hands
20 XP: Power Points (+5 PP)

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enno wrote:
... Plush, Power & Plunder, where i played a one-eyed 3 ft Teddy bear berserk addicted to washing powder...

Cool!!

RevTurkey

Deuce

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a Yorkshire Terrier once, with a machine gun and the ability to fly.

Artist

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely get to play a PC, and when I do, it's usually a pre-generated character for someone else's one-shot. However, when I do get to make up my own PC, I often aim for the offbeat, and my decision is typically based on some miniature in my collection that hasn't seen enough use.

My weirdest would probably be "The King," a vigilante-hero from a "Mystery Men" inspired low-powered superhero game. (It was supposed to be a campaign, but never got past a single session, alas ... which actually describes the majority of the "campaigns" I've played in.)

This was inspired by an old Ral Partha Imports figure called "King of the Bards" -- basically a figure that looks like "Young Elvis" dressed up like "Old Elvis" in a big-lapel oh-so-seventies jumpsuit with a guitar.

The character had no actual super powers, but just maxed out on every skill and trait that might apply to charisma, presence, personality, etc. He believed that he actually WAS Elvis, come back to Earth after being abducted by aliens and partaking of various unlikely adventures, and possessed with "super powers" of rock-and-roll (even though he actually had none). He also believed just about everything that has appeared in the Weekly World News, etc., regarding Elvis.

He was the "people-person" of the group and chief information-gatherer, though for whatever reason he still got middling-to-negative reactions from most NPCs. The threat level was such that the universe was basically crushing us under its figurative thumb at every opportunity ... but I still had a blast anyway, slipping Elvis song references and very bad Elvis impressions into most every exchange of dialogue. (E.g., our first encounter against a bunch of grenade-throwing ruffians, and the King makes a move to toss a grenade back while singing, "Return to sender ... add-ress un-known....")
dpmcalister

Four

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a PC, but I do recall NPCing a dog in my old (late-80s) WFRP campaign. I can't remember the reasons why, but the dog had eaten some warpstone and, as GM, I thought it would be funny if the dog would start talking. Of course, he was the rat catcher's dog so was a bit of a yappy thing before he started being vocal so I just went to town and gave him a "Mockney" gangster voice that never stopped - and he always thought the PCs' ideas were rubbish (mainly because they involved him going first like a canary Wink)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Off-Topic Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: