Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LoA GM Screen

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Leagues of Adventure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnK

Three

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: LoA GM Screen Reply with quote

Hullo, folks,

I was just wondering if the folks from TAG might comment on whether there are any plans to do up a GM Screen for the Leagues of Adventure RPG, and if so, when that might be coming out?

Thanks, in advance. Smile
"To die among friends. Can a man ask more? Can the world offer less? Who wants to live 'till the last bottle is empty? It's all for one, d'Artagnan, and one for all." - Athos (The Three Musketeers, 1948)
mitchw

Deuce

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I know you are talking about an official screen but for a good substitute you can grab a few of these (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Menu-Cover-Triple-Black-Binding-see-thru-Plastic-NEW-/120318175430?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c0385a8c6) and put the great quick info sheets found around here in them.

If you find a small 'lot' you can usually get them for $2 to $3 each.

Mitch
Runeslinger

Three

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe JohnK is asking more for promotional purposes at cons and the like, than for a need for chart references~

He spearheaded the charge which called for the liberation of the All for One screen from the Bastille. It was very dramatic and compelling. Some wept.

That aside, thanks for the link - I might make use of that idea myself. I have the Savage Worlds customizable screen, but not everything I run conforms to that size, and worse... Once I get a screen in it, I don't want to change it.
Shocked
The GIT!

Four

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, the cry for a GM screen. I remember the liberation of the AFO screen with fond memories Razz

I think it is fair to say that producing a GM screen (pdf is fine) is almost as important as a decent character sheet. Certainly, from a promotional aspect, a decent screen can do wonders to advertise a new game at a convention or FLGS.

I also like the idea of using the menu folders - that's a great idea and far more affordable than buying the dedicated gaming screens; good call.

mitchw

Deuce

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you do want to get some of these, there is a listing for them at 2.99 each + 3.99 shipping in various colors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Menu-Cover-Triple-Plastic-See-thru-Black-Brown-Green-Maroon-Binding-8-1-2-x-11-/180785760812?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item2a17abca2c

I have not purchased from this seller so I cannot say if they are a good seller or not. But, the price is right.

Mitch
The GIT!

Four

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mitchw wrote:
Well, if you do want to get some of these, there is a listing for them at 2.99 each + 3.99 shipping in various colors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Menu-Cover-Triple-Plastic-See-thru-Black-Brown-Green-Maroon-Binding-8-1-2-x-11-/180785760812?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item2a17abca2c

I have not purchased from this seller so I cannot say if they are a good seller or not. But, the price is right.

Mitch

Hm...shame...not available to Canada Crying or Very sad

JohnK

Three

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hullo, Mitch,

mitchw wrote:
Hey, I know you are talking about an official screen but for a good substitute you can grab a few of these (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Menu-Cover-Triple-Black-Binding-see-thru-Plastic-NEW-/120318175430?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c0385a8c6) and put the great quick info sheets found around here in them.

If you find a small 'lot' you can usually get them for $2 to $3 each.

Mitch

While that would be a good idea, Mitch, the problem is that product is not availabe to Canada, so can't order them.

That said, I'm not expecting the folks at TAG to do a nice, solid hard official GM Screen...but I was hoping that they would come up with the GM Screen PDF package for Leagues the same way that they've done for AFO.

So, what say, and all that, Wiggy? Pip, pip, and all that, too. Smile
"To die among friends. Can a man ask more? Can the world offer less? Who wants to live 'till the last bottle is empty? It's all for one, d'Artagnan, and one for all." - Athos (The Three Musketeers, 1948)
JohnK

Three

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hullo, Runeslinger,

Runeslinger wrote:
I believe JohnK is asking more for promotional purposes at cons and the like, than for a need for chart references~

He spearheaded the charge which called for the liberation of the All for One screen from the Bastille. It was very dramatic and compelling. Some wept.

Indeed. Smile

Part of having the GM Screen for All For One was definitely to make the game more visible for promotional purposes at game conventions and the like. (It was a very effective screen at CanGames this past year, and actually brought several players into the games I ran there.) I feel the same way about a GM Screen for Leagues of Adventure, as I think it would bring more players in. And the game suffers from the same problem that HEX had in that it needed a GM Screen for the various charts and the like that are so useful. I've printed out 19 pages for use with the game at this point, and that doesn't include the map from the back of the book. (And DESOLATION is sstill in need of a GM Screen, imo.)
Runeslinger

Three

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a fondness for screens even though in present circumstances I have to go without due to space. I reference the screen on my tablet as it is generally much faster than referencing the rules. I would definitely purchase bullet and swordproof screens for AfO and Desolation and Leagues were they to ever be economically feasible for TAG and Greymalkin to produce, but.... pdf works well. (Ah, but how I love that screen for HEX!). I suspect it will just be a matter of time for LoA. Desolation...? I won't hold my breath.
Kit

Deuce

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was one who wept and will manfully do so again if a LoA screen materializes from the ether

--Christopher Marlowe, Edward II, Act II, Scene I
JohnK

Three

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hullo, Runeslinger,

Runeslinger wrote:
I have a fondness for screens even though in present circumstances I have to go without due to space. I reference the screen on my tablet as it is generally much faster than referencing the rules.

Would that i had a tablet of some sort. That may well be my next purchase, as soon as funds return to normal after the expenses upcoming for GenCon.

Runeslinger wrote:

I would definitely purchase bullet and swordproof screens for AfO and Desolation and Leagues were they to ever be economically feasible for TAG and Greymalkin to produce, but.... pdf works well. (Ah, but how I love that screen for HEX!). I suspect it will just be a matter of time for LoA. Desolation...? I won't hold my breath.

Yes, I think we all love the HEX GM Screen, which is only rivalled by the one for the current Doctor Who RPG. I would have loved a hard copy GM Screen for AFO, but understand the TAG reasons why that wasn't going to come out, but am glad that they went with it PDF. Hopefully, we'll see something for LoA sooner rather than later.
3rik

Deuce

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: great quick info sheets? Reply with quote

mitchw wrote:
Hey, I know you are talking about an official screen but for a good substitute you can grab a few of these (...) and put the great quick info sheets found around here in them.

I may have overlooked these but where does one find the great quick info sheets you're referring to?
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be these...

http://tripleacegames.com/Downloads/leaguesofadventure/LoA_CGCS_v2.zip

3rik

Deuce

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are the character creation cheat sheets. Not something you'd really need in a GM screen. I was more thinking of stuff that's actually useful during play.

You could of course scan the needed tables from the book and edit them into a screen/rules summary, but that would mean having to flatten your book on the scanner... Sad

Would the HEX screen suffice or are there notable differences?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Leagues of Adventure All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: