Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Web of Deceit - Village map

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Hellfrost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckyguy

Deuce

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Web of Deceit - Village map Reply with quote

Hello all,

I was reading through this adventure and it indicates "Give the heroes an unmarked copy of the village map".

Anyone know the easiest way to go about doing this? I think I would have to draw the map myself to provide a copy without symbols.

Has anyone already worked through this to run it and if so how did you go about it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Enno

King of Clubs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Print out the map, and cut off the label descriptions at the bottom. Doesn't look nice, but makes your job easier when describing the buildings to your players.

Unfortunately, the map labels in later adventures couldn't be deactivated like in the earlier adventures. Had something to do with changing scripts IIRC.

Deuce

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. That is a fair suggestion. I might use small square or rectangular stickers to cover the numbers. They will likely get they are "points of interest" but at least it will prevent them from trying to determine the significance of the C buliding numbers.
McCurmudgeon

No Cards!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always copy the map into an image editor (if you don't have one I really like Paint.net which is free) and edit out the symbols

This still requires some effort but takes less time than drawing it and gives them less out of game knowledge
Enno

King of Clubs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCurmudgeon wrote:
You could always copy the map into an image editor (if you don't have one I really like Paint.net which is free) and edit out the symbols

Assuming he has Acrobat or a similar application, that allows him to extract pictures from protected PDFs.

Editing out the symbols has the same effect like the stickers he mentioned.

As i mentioned before, use the symbols to your advantage. I find it always distracting, when the players use different labels then me.

So stay with the numbers, but edit or cover the special labels C and S.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Hellfrost All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: