Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Organization Guide released
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Hellfrost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Organization Guide released Reply with quote

Hellfrost Organization Guide
$8.99

Hellfrost is a deep and vibrant setting. Its many religious cults and temporal organizations allow characters to be part of something greater than themselves yet still retain their individuality, offering them a both a purpose beyond just slaying monsters and acquiring treasure, and giving them a network of allies and friends they can call upon in times of need. These are not faceless organizations that exist in name only, but active facets of the world engaged in politics, commerce, research, and war, often at a continent-wide level.

Inside you'll find information on the history and structure on 19 organizations designed for player characters to join. Designed for players as much as the GM, there tips on how to play a member, combat advice, and suggestions on how to spend advancements, new Professional Edges, and notes on how the general populace reacts to members of the organizations.

This supplement details the following organizations: Arcane Hand, Bludgeoners, Convocation of Elementalists, Deathdealers, Dragon Guard, Gray Legion, Hearth Knights, Hrosmark Huscarls, Huscarls of Hammerhand, The Iron Guild, Knights Hrafn, Lorekeepers, Order of Jotundauđr, Reliquary, Roadwardens, Sisterhood of Mercy, Thirteen Warriors, Watchers of the Black Gate, and Wood Wardens.

Although this product is written for the Hellfrost setting, all the Professional Edges relating directly to the organizations have been included, thus enabling the GM to add these groups to his own Savage Worlds fantasy campaign.

Author: Paul "Wiggy" Wade-Williams

Page Count: 54

Available from the TAG store

luckyguy

Deuce

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot wait to read this. I purchased this but there is no download button on my order page. Has anyone else been able to doneload this?
wmarshal

Deuce

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue. I just purchased it, but there is no download link. I think there might be a problem in that the File Size is listed at '0 bytes'.

From the website after I finalized the purchase.
To download your files click the download button and choose "Save to Disk" from the popup menu.
Item Name File Size Filename Link Expires Remaining
Hellfrost Organization Guide 0 bytes TAG31400.zip 07/11/2013 30

Help TAG! I was hoping to read some of this on my lunch break.
luckyguy

Deuce

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. So at least I know it is not just me. I am sure they will fix this once they read these comments/become aware of it. I am excited to read it. Hope they can fix it soon.
Enno

King of Clubs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same with me. Wrote an email to customer support already. Wink

Deuce

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it is resolved now. I can see a download button. Unfortunately I cannot download to my phone and my work blocks out the site. Guess I will have to wait a little longer to get my eyes on it. At least it looks like they got it figured out.
Enno

King of Clubs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem resolved. Worked like a charm, and no problems with the file.

Thanks, guys! Very Happy

Triple Ace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be all fixed now!

Production Director
Triple Ace Games

www.tripleacegames.com

Enno

King of Clubs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Share Spell:
Is the magic shared via this edge identical to master and Arcane Hand?

So, if the master casts Boost Vigor on himself, does the AH get the same Boost Vigor with any raises, trappings and all?

Could the spell effect on the AH be negated or dispelled, like and independen the original, or could only the original be affected?

What happens if the heahwisard casts a Boost on the AH. Does the AH get both effects? I don't think so, right?

Could the AH suppress the effect of the edge, when the master Heahwisard uses one of the mentioned spells as an "attack". Lower trait comes to mind here?

Do the AH also get the effect of a mentioned spell, when the master stored it into his staff or combined it with another spell not on the list?

Triple Ace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enno wrote:
Share Spell:
Is the magic shared via this edge identical to master and Arcane Hand?

So, if the master casts Boost Vigor on himself, does the AH get the same Boost Vigor with any raises, trappings and all?

Yep. "the Hand benefits as if the spell had been cast on him as well."

Quote:
Could the spell effect on the AH be negated or dispelled, like and independen the original, or could only the original be affected?

Each spell would have to be cancelled separately. One casting, two targets.

Quote:
What happens if the heahwisard casts a Boost on the AH. Does the AH get both effects? I don't think so, right?

You mean if he casts boost (Vigor) on the Hand only and then boost Vigor on himself, giving the Hand a second boost? The Hand would benefit from two boost spells (two separate castings) and the mage would be Maintaining two spells, as normal.

Quote:
Could the AH suppress the effect of the edge, when the master Heahwisard uses one of the mentioned spells as an "attack". Lower trait comes to mind here?

Nope. It raises errata, though. Smile Should be boost (no lower).

[/quote]Do the AH also get the effect of a mentioned spell, when the master stored it into his staff or combined it with another spell not on the list?[/quote]

Having a spell stored in a staff does technically mean the mage isn't actually casting it. However, it's his arcane skill die being used, and I'm not going to quibble over the difference for this Edge. Smile

And yep to the second clause.

Enno

King of Clubs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAG Wiggy wrote:
Quote:

You mean if he casts boost (Vigor) on the Hand only and then boost Vigor on himself, giving the Hand a second boost? The Hand would benefit from two boost spells (two separate castings) and the mage would be Maintaining two spells, as normal.

The edge description says, if the Heahwisard casts a spell in the AHs presence, he benefits from it too. I assume that is not the case if the AH himself is the target of said spell.

Without the Lower spell, the edge makes more sense.

Thanks for the clarification. Very Happy

Triple Ace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enno wrote:
The edge description says, if the Heahwisard casts a spell in the AHs presence, he benefits from it too. I assume that is not the case if the AH himself is the target of said spell.

Ah, you mean could the Hand get a double bonus from being the target of a spell! No. That would be dumb. Rule #0 applies. Smile

Enno

King of Clubs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like i thought. But sometimes you have to ask dumb questions... Razz

Deuce

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, lots of great info for my campaign.

Possible errata for the Reliquary entry:

The Structure section says the the Reliqus (the tomb raiders and thieves) are called Finders, and the Arcanologists are Seekers. This is the same as the core book.

The Ranks section says much the same about the Finders in the fourth paragraph.

However, the sixth and seventh paragraphs of that section talk about the Finders again, but are clearly referring to Arcanologists. Then in the Playing a Member section, the last paragraph also indicates Finders=Arcanologists and Seeker=Reliqus. The same holds for the Combat Advice and Advances sections.

So, assuming the core book is correct, and Reliqus=Seeker & Arcanologist=Finder, I think those later sections need some errata, unless I'm totally missing something.

There's also a few of the dreaded p. xxx's scattered around, on pages:
- 25; should refer to p. 33
- 33; twice -- the first one refers to Forced March, which doesn't appear in the book, AFAICT; the second should be p. 33 or "see box/sidebar/whatever you call 'em" -- Take Aim's in the box on the same page
- 40; should be p. 9
- 44; should be p. 26
- 54; should be p. 33

The Forced March edge would be the edge by the same name that's in Region Guide #14, right?
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many apologies. Hopefully all the errata is now fixed and a new version of the file in the store. Go to your account, download it again, and hopefully all shall be well!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Hellfrost All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: