Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hellfrost Player's Guide Errata
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Hellfrost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bernd

Deuce

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to remember it: Hamper Movement should be in the errata. (Link)

TAG Wiggy wrote:
Hamper Movement
Range: Smarts
Duration: Maintained
Trappings: Entangling plants, deep mud, buffeting winds, ice, grasping skeletal limbs, rip tide.

Hamper movement creates an area equal in size to a Medium Burst Template. All movement through the template is treated as difficult ground. With a –2 penalty on the arcane skill roll, the template can be increased to a Large Burst Template. For a similar penalty, the area can be made especially difficult, preventing all creatures from running within the template. With a –4 penalty, both modifiers can be implemented simultaneously.

Add to Magic Lists: Druidism, Elementalism (Air, Earth, and Water), and Hrimwisardry.
Add to Deity Lists: Eostre, Ertha, Freo, Hela, Neorthe, Thrym, Thunor, and The Unknowable One.

And a question: I got the PDF from RPGNow.com. Will this be updated regularly with all the corrections?
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernd wrote:
And a question: I got the PDF from RPGNow.com. Will this be updated regularly with all the corrections?

Hi Bernd,

Fixing typos is easy enough, but other errata often means laying out entire chapters again, something that means other material has to then be cut to make room. That's what the errata document is for.

Enno

King of Clubs

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernd wrote:
Just to remember it: Hamper Movement should be in the errata. (Link)

The power will be in the next update of the errata...

Until then i just added a page for it into my notes, just behind the current errata.

Deuce

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On page 101 under Glory > Fixed Glory Awards > Mass Battles > Character Roll the sentence

"However, the modifier only applies if the number of enemy tokens was less than or equal to your army's tokens at the time (slaying an enemy commander when you have a +3 bonus is nowhere near as heroic as when you have a -3 penalty."

should read

"However, the modifier only applies if the number of enemy tokens was more than or equal to your army's tokens at the time (slaying an enemy commander when you have a +3 bonus is nowhere near as heroic as when you have a -3 penalty.)"
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated errata now available...

http://www.tripleacegames.com/Downloads/HellFrost/hf_errata.pdf

Enno

King of Clubs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you forgot Hamper Movement? Or is it described in Rassilon Expansion 2?

Triple Ace

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE2

Enno

King of Clubs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK!

I presume, that Conceal is still maintained?!

Deuce

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thanks.
fanchergw

No Cards!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Heights of Humans Reply with quote

On pg 13 of the PG, it states, "Finnar tend to be short for humans, averaging only 5’ 6"". However, on the same page it also says, "Anari average 5’ 6"". And on pg 14, it states, "Tuomi average around 5’ 4"."

So if the Tuomi are shorter than the Finnar, and the Anari are the same height as the Finnar, it seems odd that the Finnar would be pointed out as "short for humans." In fact, only the Saxa are taller, averaging 6'. Do these height specifications need to be adjusted to make more sense / be more consistent?

Gordon
Enno

King of Clubs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums! Very Happy

Finnar as nomadic people of the Cold North have a more stocky build, with comparingly shorter extremities. So a Finnar looks somewhat shorter compared to a typical Anari despite the same average size, just because of their build.

We are talking about "averages" here. Reading the descriptions adult Finnar don't deviate much from the average height of their people, while Anari do.

Take your pick, what makes more sense to you.

Wink

No Cards!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enno wrote:
Welcome to the forums! Very Happy

Finnar as nomadic people of the Cold North have a more stocky build, with comparingly shorter extremities. So a Finnar looks somewhat shorter compared to a typical Anari despite the same average size, just because of their build.

We are talking about "averages" here. Reading the descriptions adult Finnar don't deviate much from the average height of their people, while Anari do.

Take your pick, what makes more sense to you.

Wink

Hi Enno!

I get that these are averages, but they are all averages. Thus, for every one that is taller, there's also one that is shorter. And what about the Tuomi, who are 2 inches shorter on average? I'm trying to decide whether it makes more sense to increase the averages for Anari and Toumi both to 5'8" or so, or else maybe swap the heights of Finnar and Tuomi.

I'd love to get Wiggy's thoughts on what he intended here.

Gordon
Enno

King of Clubs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fanchergw wrote:
I get that these are averages, but they are all averages. Thus, for every one that is taller, there's also one that is shorter. And what about the Tuomi, who are 2 inches shorter on average? I'm trying to decide whether it makes more sense to increase the averages for Anari and Toumi both to 5'8" or so, or else maybe swap the heights of Finnar and Tuomi.

I meant the statistic deviation, the difference between the value of an observation and the mean of the population.

Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height for more.

Hmmm....

The remark that Finnar tend to be short for humans, is in comparison to typical humans, NOT the other populations of Rassilonians. 5'6" IS short for a human - in all ages. I'm more and more thinking that the remark in the description of the Finnar is just another relict of earlier rule variants. So read it, that Finnar and Anari are just the same size.

Do, as you see fit. It's your game, mate.

Triple Ace

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Heights of Humans Reply with quote

fanchergw wrote:
On pg 13 of the PG, it states, "Finnar tend to be short for humans, averaging only 5’ 6"". However, on the same page it also says, "Anari average 5’ 6"". And on pg 14, it states, "Tuomi average around 5’ 4"."

So if the Tuomi are shorter than the Finnar, and the Anari are the same height as the Finnar, it seems odd that the Finnar would be pointed out as "short for humans." In fact, only the Saxa are taller, averaging 6'. Do these height specifications need to be adjusted to make more sense / be more consistent?

Gordon

Hi mate,

Just an Anari typo. They should be 5' 9". Likely caused by hitting the numeric pad when typing and then not noticing the slight error.

Enno

King of Clubs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew, that clears things up (and my Anari player gets a few inches).

Are the other sizes correct, then? Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Hellfrost All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: