Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestions for Penitents Missions?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cable Hogue

Deuce

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Suggestions for Penitents Missions? Reply with quote

In the last big mission the lance got themselves into BIG political trouble. - They ALL have been transfered to the Penitents (not wholly undeserved, but not "by the book" either).

Now I have to come up with some (likely more than one or two) missions for the penitent knights.

Any suggestions for penitent missions that player character penitents might have a chance to survive?
steelbrok

Deuce

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not throw them in as first waves in some of the Battle of New Budapest plot points?
daran

Five

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Penitents are usually given all the dirty dangerous jobs so you'll have to think of something pretty tough. How long have they been sentenced for?

Some ideas:
(1) - The PCs are assigned to a mop up squad after a Rephaim battle. The battlefield is dangerous and replete with the dead. They battle downed and damaged Rephaim, even powerful ones and in the melee they find some severely wounded knights, however, a new phalanx of Rephaim are approaching the field and the PCs ride is forced to return to base or risk destruction. The PCs have to make it to the secondary rendez-vous with their fallen comrades to be rescued.

(2) - The PCs are assigned to a combat engineer Lance for the purposes of clearing some buildings and a bridge of Rephaim booby-traps. In the process of clearing the building they find a network of tunnels used by Rephaim to avoid the overlook of the nearby preceptories and it is down to the party to stop a Rephaim hit squad infiltrating Sacre Ordine lines.

(3) - The PCs are assigned to latrine duty and spend the next two years burning human waste and scrubbing oil cans Smile No not really.

Enjoy!
Cable Hogue

Deuce

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelbrok wrote:
Why not throw them in as first waves in some of the Battle of New Budapest plot points?
That is an honor they might have to earn by getting out of the penitents in time.

daran wrote:
How long have they been sentenced for?
The Senior Knight: indefinitely (he had it coming Wink). The others: six months, except the Media Star, who will serve only one mission as a penitent, and then he will be presented in the media as doing his brothers a favour by serving with them as a Warden to provide them with an example of good behaviour (or some similarly made up story).

Quote:
(1) - The PCs are assigned to a mop up squad after a Rephaim battle.
That's a good one.

Quote:
(2) - The PCs are assigned to a combat engineer Lance for the purposes of clearing some buildings and a bridge of Rephaim booby-traps.
I'll take that one, too.

Quote:
(3) - The PCs are assigned to latrine duty and spend the next two years burning human waste and scrubbing oil cans Smile No not really.
Oh, why not? - This boring job is the daily routine for weeks. But during this time some of their penitent brothers disappear. No one seems to bother inquiring after their disappearances. - I count on the nosy players to investigate into it (time for more socially apt PCs and of course for stealth, lock picking and other "civil" skills). The facts: Those disappearing penitents are part of a deal made by the Lazarites and BioGen in order to develop some kind of super soldier. Not one of those "specimen" did actually survive until lately. - The following story might take place in an underground BioGen lab (and to the soundtrack of Resident Evil Wink).

Please go on with new ideas.
TAG Steve

Artist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just about to say they had been volunteered to help the Lazarites, but you already have that one....
C.A.Pryde

Deuce

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to PM me with an email, Cable, I've written some background info that might be up your alley. It's for an adventure that I have been tinkering with called "Frozen Chosen."

Also, have you considered assigning them as a research group? They could test out new equipment of questionably utility, or the Lazarites could send them on missions intended to get them exposed to spore-zombies, vampires, and so forth, in an effort to get new testing subjects.
daran

Five

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C.A.Pryde wrote:
If you want to PM me with an email, Cable, I've written some background info that might be up your alley. It's for an adventure that I have been tinkering with called "Frozen Chosen."

Also, have you considered assigning them as a research group? They could test out new equipment of questionably utility, or the Lazarites could send them on missions intended to get them exposed to spore-zombies, vampires, and so forth, in an effort to get new testing subjects.

Or even sent out to gather specimens for the Lazarites with defective substandard 'special' equipment that doesn't perform when needed!

Nuff said!
Cable Hogue

Deuce

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daran wrote:
Or even sent out to gather specimens for the Lazarites with defective substandard 'special' equipment that doesn't perform when needed!
I think, that's called a "routine mission" for non-penitent Knights having to use their flechette weapons, which do no good vs. the Rephaim. Wink
daran

Five

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cable Hogue wrote:
daran wrote:
I think, that's called a "routine mission" for non-penitent Knights having to use their flechette weapons, which do no good vs. the Rephaim. Wink

I was thinking more mancatchers and net guns against strong agile Rephaim. Had a bad experience with them leading my lance. The comment was a gentle dig at the WM (Wiggy)!
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBACulas and mancatchers don't work well together Smile You learned a valuable lesson you could reportback to the Lazarites.

daran

Five

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAG Wiggy wrote:
SBACulas and mancatchers don't work well together Smile You learned a valuable lesson you could reportback to the Lazarites.

I think the lesson we learned was that despite everything gleaned by the Lazarites, we don't know a whole lot about the Rephaim. At least our losses were minimal.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: