Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yeah finaly got it!!!!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OsiAdept

Deuce

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Yeah finaly got it!!!!!! Reply with quote

Yes after putting it for so damn long i got a copy of Necropolis. And i am not disapointed. Now i just need to order update or download it and i am set.

The inquisition has already piqued my interest. Big fan of the eisenhorn omnibus from the WH40k line of novels.

Black ICE a game of military horror
http://incursioncountermeasureenforcers.blogspot.com/
Count Zero

No Cards!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Yeah finaly got it!!!!!! Reply with quote

OsiAdept wrote:

The inquisition has already piqued my interest. Big fan of the eisenhorn omnibus from the WH40k line of novels.

Definitely. The Dan Abnett stuff is awesome. I'm going that same route with my game. They have started off typically enough but are brought together for some special ops type stuff.
OsiAdept

Deuce

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly infact i loath to admit it but i am actualy thinking of getting the WH40K RPG Core and the monster guide and use that for mining

daran

Five

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Grab the 2351-55 update first, you might find that what you're looking for is in there. The greater detail on the Sacre Ordines and the new orders is excellent. I bought the softback update and was very impressed.
Count Zero

No Cards!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OsiAdept wrote:
exactly infact i loath to admit it but i am actualy thinking of getting the WH40K RPG Core and the monster guide and use that for mining

Don't be afraid to admit it, they are gorgeous books. I've mined a few ideas but I also love the game as is as well as WHFRP. its the only thing I run outside of Savage Worlds and Call of Cthulhu. Simple and elegant system that shares a lot of the same sensibilities as Savage Worlds. I'm sure Wiggy will burn me as a heretic now. Very Happy

The old Mutant Chronicles RPG has some stuff worth stealing as well and you'll find Necropolis shares a few similarities. Wink
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count Zero wrote:
Don't be afraid to admit it, they are gorgeous books. I've mined a few ideas but I also love the game as is as well as WHFRP. its the only thing I run outside of Savage Worlds and Call of Cthulhu. Simple and elegant system that shares a lot of the same sensibilities as Savage Worlds. I'm sure Wiggy will burn me as a heretic now. Very Happy

Far from it. I'm a gamer as well -- I have a few of the DH books on my shelves. The Sisters of Bradamante were added to Necropolis 2350 partly because the GW art for the Sisters of Battle have always been evocative (nuns with guns). That and it fits into the ongoing story regarding events in the TRC.

Quote:

The old Mutant Chronicles RPG has some stuff worth stealing as well and you'll find Necropolis shares a few similarities. Wink

I hated the system to death, but again, the art was very evocative.

Although I can't prove a thing, the original "Necropolis" (it didn't have that name) was heavily based on the Aliens movie and the very first GW Space Marines figures. The original version was colonial marines vs. undead in a small cluster of worlds (the mapped areas encompassed about 25 light years from Earth). That was a homebrew system that, well, imagine the game you hate the most for its crap rules and double its craposity. Smile

The next version was going to be d20 -- I still have a few design notes for that iteration -- but by then it had taken on its religious overtones and was nearer the modern version. Then Savage Worlds came along and the rest is history.

I was going to add something else,, but I've been talking to TAG Steve and lost my train of thought. Very Happy

OsiAdept

Deuce

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuns with guns, one by one LOL Laughing

Count Zero

No Cards!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAG Wiggy wrote:

Although I can't prove a thing, the original "Necropolis" (it didn't have that name) was heavily based on the Aliens movie and the very first GW Space Marines figures. The original version was colonial marines vs. undead in a small cluster of worlds (the mapped areas encompassed about 25 light years from Earth). That was a homebrew system that, well, imagine the game you hate the most for its crap rules and double its craposity. Smile

You mean the old "beakies"? I still have a bunch of those as I was a heavy Rogue Trader player. When I move my game to a bigger table (soon hopefully) I plan on breaking out the old minis. One, because they work well with the setting, and two, I get to scratch that nostalgia itch. I'm sure the Rephaim could conceive of something like a Zoat. Very Happy

Oh, and on a side note, I've ran two sessions of Necropolis so far and its been a blast. We're really diggin it! Smile
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count Zero wrote:
Oh, and on a side note, I've ran two sessions of Necropolis so far and its been a blast. We're really diggin it! Smile

Good to hear! You going for the straight military game, or have you seen beneath the veneer to the other options?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: