Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's this forum for?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Terrain Building, Minis & Figure Flats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TAG Steve

Artist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renny wrote:
[quote="TAG SteveThe next 3 projects I am working on are pulp related - quote]

Ooh. Pulpy goodness. I can't wait to see what you have in store.

Renny

After talking to Wiggy tonight I might have time to do number 5...
daran

Five

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavis wrote:
TAG Wiggy wrote:
Well, in the summer we have long days (23 hours of daylight/twilight virtully), so folk can work late. In winter, it gets a bit dark and stormy, so folk stay in Smile

Enjoy the Solstice today then! More light than you'll know what to do with it!

I only ever got as far North as Carlisle before I needed to head south again, but I'm a Cornishman at heart.

Come North, come North. You know you want to! Just get your passport stamped at Aberdeen and we'll let you in. Assuming you pass the security checks that is. And credit checks, DNA checks, sense of humour checks, have lost your luggage, found it, discovered it is actually the property of one Gerhardt Werner whose feet are two sizes smaller than yours and whose textile colour sense is missing presumed dead. If you survive that and don't get blown away by the gentle Force 9 breeze or drown in the light drizzle then Shetland is the place for you!

Seriously though, a fine place to live, and good for Gamers. Lots of useful stuff to tweak into terrain. BTW, Steve & Wiggy, got some plasticised foam packing and a 3' x 4' sheet of half inch flexible polystyrene - any use to you?
dpmcalister

Four

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a detachment to the Shetland Isles once (is RAF Saxa Vord still open?) and almost accepted a posting there!

Three

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daran wrote:
Tavis wrote:
TAG Wiggy wrote:
Well, in the summer we have long days (23 hours of daylight/twilight virtully), so folk can work late. In winter, it gets a bit dark and stormy, so folk stay in Smile

Enjoy the Solstice today then! More light than you'll know what to do with it!

I only ever got as far North as Carlisle before I needed to head south again, but I'm a Cornishman at heart.

Come North, come North. You know you want to! Just get your passport stamped at Aberdeen and we'll let you in. Assuming you pass the security checks that is. And credit checks, DNA checks, sense of humour checks, have lost your luggage, found it, discovered it is actually the property of one Gerhardt Werner whose feet are two sizes smaller than yours and whose textile colour sense is missing presumed dead. If you survive that and don't get blown away by the gentle Force 9 breeze or drown in the light drizzle then Shetland is the place for you!

Seriously though, a fine place to live, and good for Gamers. Lots of useful stuff to tweak into terrain. BTW, Steve & Wiggy, got some plasticised foam packing and a 3' x 4' sheet of half inch flexible polystyrene - any use to you?

You make it sound so delightful!

So when can I and the missus visit for a game?
TAG Steve

Artist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come for a game anytime, Anytime that the ferry isnt rolling in a force 9 that is. You really start to worry when the engines, start up and the door is locked THEN the captain tells anyone who isnt in a cabin to find a safe place to lie down whilst they leave the HArbour mouth at Aberdeen! I think Saxa Vord is on the way out - help me out fellow shetland type chappies... I am sure I heard something on the radio today about a tour operator using the houses for their tourist purposes....
Tavis

Three

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to work on a ferry. Not one of that scale though, I'd expect.

Just a 12-person, open topped, passenger ferry.

We usually stopped running before the wind got to force 9.
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saxa Vord is some of resort now. The wife and I were up there recently. Fairly posh hotel, using all the old RAF facilities. I think the restaunrant we used wa the old Sergeants' Mess.

daran

Five

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAG Steve wrote:
Come for a game anytime, Anytime that the ferry isnt rolling in a force 9 that is. You really start to worry when the engines, start up and the door is locked THEN the captain tells anyone who isnt in a cabin to find a safe place to lie down whilst they leave the HArbour mouth at Aberdeen! I think Saxa Vord is on the way out - help me out fellow shetland type chappies... I am sure I heard something on the radio today about a tour operator using the houses for their tourist purposes....

Yep, on my last visit to Baltasound I dropped by Saxa Vord - looks quite nice. Sonny Priest is moving his Valhalla Brewery onto the Saxa Vord site too. Bigger FVs and higher storage capacity too.

My first experience of the North Boat was disappointing. Just like the Cruel Sea and In Which We Serve there was walls of green water crashing over the bow, but there were no U-boats at all! Not one. That Noel Coward lied!

On Topic Content: Jim was talking about modelling waves using layers of araldite last night. Anyone got any experience of seascape modelling?
daran

Five

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavis wrote:

You make it sound so delightful!

So when can I and the missus visit for a game?

Hmm, ThuleCon or ZetCon. Maybe something for the Thulies.
TAG Steve

Artist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On Topic Content: Jim was talking about modelling waves using layers of araldite last night. Anyone got any experience of seascape modelling?

It depends on what size you want really... small waves I reckon you could do, I would go for a filler/grout rather than araldite, that stuff sticks to anything like glue Rolling Eyes!(sorry couldnt resist that).
TAG Steve

Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully I will start putting out the tutorials (for want of a better word) after the weekend. I will go through them with Wiggy this week and see where to start. (I suppose that gives me a deadline to work to!) Shocked

The first are Pulp orientated I have two finished including write ups, and two in process of being finished. I then have to do the write ups on these.

I am trying to keep the size of the PDF's down A couple are running in at around 9 meg and the other finished one at around 4.

In each one I am giving an approximate cost in GB Pounds, obviously there are lots of people in other parts of the world who might want to read this, but I worked on the principle there are so many currnecy converters on the 'net' then people can change it to whatever currency they use.

The other thing I am trying to do is making terrain out of what I have around the house. This might include equipment that I have purchased in the past. But if it is a left handed corkscrew I picked up for 25p in a charity shop 15 years ago I will let you know.
Jimbo

Three

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys, I thought I had better post something to get started. Currently I am working with Hirst arts casting moulds. I have most of the Egyptian stuff, so, until I get it out of my system, anything I post is likely to be Egyptian. I am the Jim Ivens that Wiggy mentioned by the way and I am not that good honestly.
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo wrote:
Hi Guys, I thought I had better post something to get started. Currently I am working with Hirst arts casting moulds. I have most of the Egyptian stuff, so, until I get it out of my system, anything I post is likely to be Egyptian. I am the Jim Ivens that Wiggy mentioned by the way and I am not that good honestly.

Oooh, you fibber. That sratch-built gatehouse I have is damn funky.

Jimbo

Three

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water! I need to master Water! Araldite works well if you use the slow setting stuff, but I am sure that the Vast body of knowledge that is on this forum will have better ideas.
TAG Steve

Artist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAG Wiggy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

Oooh, you fibber. That sratch-built gatehouse I have is damn funky.

Yep it is Jim, stop putting yourself down....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Terrain Building, Minis & Figure Flats All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: