Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Necropolis for 2 players

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ARCONTE

Three

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Necropolis for 2 players Reply with quote

Hello!

Unfortunately, here in Salus we have so few creative souls (still alive) I have only 2 players to run the game to. Any helpful suggestions, comments or house-rules that would succor this set-up would be greatly appreciated!*

Thanks
Ark

*For instance: do I double their PCs?
daran

Five

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Necropolis for 2 players Reply with quote

ARCONTE wrote:
Hello!

Unfortunately, here in Salus we have so few creative souls (still alive) I have only 2 players to run the game to. Any helpful suggestions, comments or house-rules that would succor this set-up would be greatly appreciated!*

Thanks
Ark

*For instance: do I double their PCs?

Hi Ark,

Been there. What I did was to give them a PC each as their primary, a wild card each as a secondary and three sergeants each before sending them off to their deaths. The game worked well, primarily I suspect as they were N00bs but they know Savage Worlds and were just fresh to the setting. Okay so they made a few errors but it has brought a couple of wargamers back to RPGs and one has even bought the setting book and a copy of Hellfrost to boot. A success I think. One key I did apply was to start their primaries as Seasoned and their secondaries at 10xp. Made the flow a bit better if they had some measure of skill rather than being pure Novices. Someone still needs to be the Senior Knight though.

Luck in battle,

Daran
TAG Steve

Artist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same as Daran, was playing wierd wars and pulp (not at the same time) with only 2 players so gave them a wildcard each and then a squad of NPC between them.
Cable Hogue

Deuce

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Necropolis for 2 players Reply with quote

ARCONTE wrote:
I have only 2 players to run the game to.
I'd see this as a chance to stage a "Top Gun" kind of Templars-Buddy-War-Movie game.

Take a Templar tank lance, one PC is the commander, the other the hot-shot driver, add extras to the crew as needed. - Then let them participate in different missions not as those grunts in the field, but as motorized force.

Alternatively: Pilot and co-pilot on a dropship. Into the action, and - hopefully - out of the action of other units. They may get shot down, behind enemy lines eventually. They have to infiltrate deep under the darkness screens of darkness generators. Dogfighting Fliegerkopfs all the way.

You could plan some kind of "career steps":
- Start as crew on a Samaritan
- move to a Prophet in more combat intense missions
- get transferred to a "real" tank lance
- lead some of the first grav tanks
- ... (drive/command other new equipment from Update 2351-55)

Such a kind of Templar career is very much suitable for a small group or just a pair of players.
TAG Wiggy

Triple Ace

Location: I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knights also act as police in the Preceptory Estates. Run a cop show, but with evil cultists, corrupted officials working for the Rephaim, drug and gun running from the Union, etc. More roleplaying opportunities, plus skills like Investigation and Streetwise become more useful.

SlasherEpoch

Three

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I too have been there, done that. Upping the number of allies and weighting terrain to favor the PCs helps tremendously.
Blogotron

Deuce

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not have them as Lieutenants commanding a unit along an active battlefront? Basically Band Of Brothers but against Undead rather than Nazis.

Otherwise I'd have them take up a more commissar type job..they are the political officers that make sure no heresies crop up, no turncoats get away with treason, and no one is a "defeatist".
philth

Deuce

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated above the setting allows many different options to play. I ran the first plot point adventure with only 2 players, gave them each 2 novice wild cards. Just talking about how epic that game was last night, in the end only one of the wild cards and a hand full of extras survived. That adventure definitely more of a wargame though.
daran

Five

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philth wrote:
As stated above the setting allows many different options to play. I ran the first plot point adventure with only 2 players, gave them each 2 novice wild cards. Just talking about how epic that game was last night, in the end only one of the wild cards and a hand full of extras survived. That adventure definitely more of a wargame though.

And exactly the style of introduction I used to bring on board a bunch of wargamers who have now embraced Savage Worlds and Necropolis 2350 as a setting.
daran

Five

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Arc,

How did the two player session go?
ARCONTE

Three

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daran wrote:
Hey Arc,

How did the two player session go?

Hi:

Still trying to lure 'em in (It's like fishing here - maybe I'll haveta use TNT!)!

ARC
ON
TE
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Necropolis 2350 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: