Triple Ace Games Forum Index Triple Ace Games
ARCHIVE FORUM - POSTING LOCKED

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio Alice recommendations?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Wonderland No More
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigJackBrass

Deuce

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Audio Alice recommendations? Reply with quote

I've been enjoying the various snippets of Wonderland No More over on Azathoth.co.uk for a while, but somehow completely neglected to pick up The Egg of Seven Parts until yesterday. Absolutely terrific stuff and I can't wait to try it out on my group.

In addition to the books and a couple of movies I thought it might be handy to soak up the Wonderland atmosphere a bit more by listening to an audiobook or dramatised version, as I have the sort of desk job where I can do that. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good one to try? I downloaded a dramatisation from Wired For Books but gave up on it, a very stilted and wooden performance rather missing the charm of the stories. Free or paid, I don't mind as long as it's faithful to the original and done well.

Wonderland No More is a delight, but sadly a small niche setting. I do hope that The Egg of Seven Parts does well enough to warrant further releases.
binder

No Cards!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Audio Alice recommendations? Reply with quote

BigJackBrass wrote:
Wonderland No More is a delight, but sadly a small niche setting. I do hope that The Egg of Seven Parts does well enough to warrant further releases.

Not to blow smoke up my own b*tt, but (Razz) I did submit a couple of entries to the Ace Tales competition for WNM that were accepted.

I also have an idea for another campaign for the setting that I'd love to run for my local group at some time (and donate to the TAG guys). It's just a matter of finding the time!

Binder
binder

No Cards!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Audio Alice recommendations? Reply with quote

BigJackBrass wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good one to try? I downloaded a dramatisation from Wired For Books but gave up on it, a very stilted and wooden performance rather missing the charm of the stories. Free or paid, I don't mind as long as it's faithful to the original and done well.

Try LibriVox - http://librivox.org/newcatalog/search.php?title=Alice&author=&status=all&action=Search

Sure they are all amateur readings, but some are very well done.

Also, http://radioarchive.cc/index.php is a place for free-to-air recordings (usually BBC ones), so are worth a look at...

Binder
kreider204

Deuce

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this?

http://www.amazon.com/American-Mcgees-Alice-Score-Vrenna/dp/B00005OB0J

Not a reading, obviously, but would provide some nice atmosphere for the adventures.

Last edited by kreider204 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Greentongue

Deuce

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also try here:
http://manybooks.net/titles/carrolll1903319033-8.html
Alice in Wonderland
Categories: Young Readers, Fantasy, Audiobook
=
BigJackBrass

Deuce

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll certainly be trying a couple of those.

Hmm, hadn't realised that the soundtrack from the American Mcgee game was available. I have the game itself on my PC. I'm spectacularly poor at it Smile
kreider204

Deuce

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, that was one of the first games I played when I got back into video games for the first time since the mid-80s. I remember making Alice fall off of things a bit too often ...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Triple Ace Games Forum Index -> Wonderland No More All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: